Barrie Speed Skating Club established in 2003. is a non profit, volunteer organization. Our mission statement and goals are listed below. BSSC strives to align its values with that of the Ontario Speed Skating Association.
- "To provide speed skating opportunities for the citizens of Barrie in the County of Simcoe through the provision of instruction, training, competition and recreational activities."
- To promote amateur speed skating.
- To foster an interest and participation in amateur speed skating at all levels.
- To offer instruction, training, competition opportunities and recreational activities.
- We strive to be the best, to work to our full potential in program delivery, training, and competition.
- Integrity and Respect
- We will be honest, open,transparent, and fair in all we do. We will value others opinions, follow and enforce our code of conduct and our rules.
- Safe and Healthy Environment
- We will do our upmost to prevent injuries, encourage and promote a safe and harassment free environment.
- Our rules will be clear, will be applied consistently, and we will to provide equal opportunity for all.
- We will support, value, appreciate, recognize and celebrate our volunteers.